Below are descriptions of BAPC’s Ministry Teams that do the work of the church:
The mission of the Church & Society Ministry Team is to:
• Engage the congregation of BAPC in actions to share God’s grace through a variety of local national and global missions,
• Oversee BAPC’s benevolence budget (local and denominational benevolences, special offerings, missionary support, and support of theological education), and
• Involve as many as many BAPC congregants with as many outreach and services opportunities as possible.
Click here for descriptions of example benevolence and outreach opportunities!
The mission of the Communications Ministry Team is to:
• Engage the congregation and the community in the life of the BAPC through regular communication using print, electronic and social media.
• Maintain the computers and network for BAPC staff.
The mission of the Congregational Care Ministry Team is to assist our pastor and church staff in ministering to the ongoing and ever-changing needs of our congregation. Examples of activities include Crisis Meal Teams, the Prayer Chain Email list, Prayer Shawl Ministry Team, and Homebound Communion Committee.
Click here for descriptions of ministries and opportunities to get involved!
The mission of the Hospitality and Welcome Team is to welcome new members on Sunday. We follow up with cards, calls and visits. We host Inquirer Classes and participate in many events of the church including Bon Air Victorian Days each May.
The mission of the Fellowship Ministry Team is to provide opportunities for the enrichment and engagement of BAPC members and guests.
Click here for descriptions of activities and opportunities to get involved!
The mission of the Property Mission Team is to keep the BAPC building and grounds properly maintained throughout the year. There are many volunteer opportunities to assist the Property Ministry Team!
The mission of the Staff Relations Ministry Team is to ensure that the staff of BAPC is supported in their respective ministry and that their needs are met.
The mission of the Stewardship Ministry Team is to lead the congregational efforts of giving to the church and budgeting of finances. Click here for more information on giving to the church.
The mission of the Worship Ministry Team is to:
• Work with the Pastor and Music Director to provide for the regular preaching of the Word, the celebration of the Sacraments, corporate prayer, and the offering of praise to God through music.
• Oversee the use of the sanctuary, narthex, and parlor.
Click here for more information on the Music Ministry.