BAPC’s Interim Journey
Across its entire interim journey, BAPC’s leaders are responsible for helping the congregation work on the Five Developmental Tasks of churches in transition periods:
- Coming to terms with history
- Facilitating needed shifts in leadership
- Discerning a new calling and identity
- Strengthening denominational relationships
- Committing to new leadership and ministry
While this work is being done, here are the major “mileposts” Bon Air Church will come to along the way. The Pastor Nominating Committee has completed its review of Personal Information Forms and has identified its candidate of choice (Step 10). The Presbytery’s Committee on Ministry has examined and approved the candidate (Step 11) and the Session held a called congregational meeting on Sunday August 29 (Step 12). At the meeting, the congregation voted on the PNC’s nominee and terms of call (Step 13). The PNC will be sharing information on the nominee in the coming weeks.