Bon Air Presbyterian Church is both old and new. Organized in 1884, the congregation occupied the beautiful little “Union Chapel” on Buford Road built in 1883 to serve the resort village of Bon Air. The wooden, Victorian Gothic building (still standing) was home for the church until 1963. The building now is home to Bon Air Christian Church.
Increasing membership led to a relocation on Huguenot Road in 1963. The first unit of the present structure was dedicated on Palm Sunday of that year, and additions have increased capacity and suitability of the facilities over ensuing years. A $1.3 million expansion and renovation was completed in 1995. A new multi-purpose fellowship hall, with commercial kitchen and additional classrooms were added. The sanctuary was remodeled and expanded. Extensive site work and new roof lines complement the addition and renovations.
In 2018, the “Welcome Corridor” of the church was renovated to include updated, accessible restrooms, a new nursery and a lovely Garden Room overlooking the Memorial Garden.